Skip to main content

Guest Designing | Heffy Doodle

I have the absolute honour of guest desiging for Heffy Doodle this month.  Here is the first of two posts for them.

I have two projects to share with you today featuring the Scripty Merry Christmas dies.  First up is a scrapbook layout.

 

I scrap in A4 these days as buying 12×12 albums was getting a little too expensive for me.  My style tends towards clean and simple and I’m a big fan of a white background.  This time I’ve gone for a really pared back colour palette taken from the 6×4 colour photo.  I knew I wanted to make a feature of the Scripty Merry Christmas dies so set about cutting a lot.  I’m not sure what the final count was but I cut plenty of the words and the shadows in both white and red cardstock and adhered them together mix and match style.  The red and white words were giving a slight candy cane vibe so I ran with that and adhered them to a panel of silver cardstock on an angle enhancing that red and white stripe feel.

 

Now I had this panel and the photo I played around with the layout and decided a grid with bold black borders was the direction I wanted to take.  I layered a smaller black and white photo on to black card and worked out what room I had left to fill.

 

I made a block using the smallest snow-topped tree dies from the Alpine Valley die set.  The stitching detail on these dies adds that extra special touch.

 

To fill in the gap left in my grid I used a row of the smallest white enamel dots from the Tinsel Town set.

 


I had quite a few scripty Merry Christmas dies left over so I decided to make a card too.  I die cut a panel of green cardstock with a die from the Showtime Frames set and added a little ink blending around the edges.  I used darker ink towards the bottom of the panel and lighter ink to the top.  This die cut also has the signature Heffy Doodle stitching and ink blending over them makes them stand out even more.  I heavily splattered the panel with all kinds of white inks and shimmer sprays. I was aiming for a snowstorm effect on the green cardstock.

 

 

I then lined up some Scripty Merry Christmas dies across the panel.  This time rather than mixing them up I stuck to just the red words on white shadows.  I popped this panel up on foam tape and added it onto a white card base.  As a finishing touch, I added a border of red stitching to the card and tied a little bow in the top corner.

 

 

When I make imperial A2 cards my go to is Heffy Doodle envelopes.  Here I grabbed my green blending brush and the Aint So Plaid stencil and added a little detail to the envelope flap.  As I had a few white word die cuts left over I adhered one of them to the envelope flap too.

 

 

That’s all from me today but I’ll be back in a couple of weeks with another post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 159

Hello, Happy Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday !  As promised a picture of last Wednesdays 'work' finished off.  Post and more photos here . This week I'm showing off the beaded ATC I made... Tricky to photograph so your getting one with flash and one without... It was all parcelled up and sent off to Queen of Desks Julia .  Here is a basic of how it was made... (lots of waffle about wefts and warps!) I use a flexible beading needle.  It is mainly 'eye' so it is very easy to thread. And delica beads which are more regular and accurate than the better known seed bead.  They are slightly more rectangular than round so they line up better. Thread your needle with the weft thread.  (The cross ways thread that weaves back and forth.)  Pick up the beads... Pass the needlefull of beads underneath the warp (tight length ways) threads on the loom... ...and push each bead up in the corresponding g

Hoppity!

Hoppity hoppity!!  :) Hopeful you have arrived here from Fleur 's blog as part of the Crafty Ribbons Easter Hop .  If not and you've found yourself here wondering what on earth I'm on about (and let’s face it J you wouldn’t be the first!!) check out the Inspirations site for all the juicy details! My project for the hop is         Easter bunting!  I cut three templates first - a triangle pennant, a bird and a heart.        Then I cut the pennant shapes from fibre ribbon, threaded them on to some 3mm satin and evenly spaced them.  I embellished each flag with some beads...       I backed the birds and heart on some thin white card and glued them to the centre of the pennants.   My supplies list: yellow fibre , pink fibre , lime fibre , 3mm satin , button box , white card, glue, beads, needle and thread.   At each stop on the hop there'll be a word to collect and a candy draw. I've got these

WOYWW & Card Deck Swap

First up is my desk ... Hmm.  Perhaps the less said the better!  I really should have a sort out but I fancy desking instead! Next I want to share my card deck swaps (deskers don't have to stay for this bit but I reckon you'd enjoy joining in with us, which is why I'm including it in this post) You can read about the swap here on Jessica's blog and sign up here .  Basically, we take a deck of cards, add paint and/or paper, then add a positive sentiment to each card.  Post them to Jessica who shuffles them and sends back 52 different cards from different artists (yes, you are an artist!) from all over the world. These few are ones I have picked out to display first.  I'll swap them round after a few weeks.  Do you like my domino pegs?  :) Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll at least consider joining us for the card swap - it's like a super sized ATC swap, and all WOYWW er's know they are fun! See you at your desk x