Followers

Monday, 12 March 2012

Necklaces and Bracelets

The first necklace I'm going to show you is inspired by the bead I made for BWG longest beaded bead necklace.  There were restrictions on the size so I couldn’t experiment more then… but I went on to make this



I covered a plain wooden bead in net stitch with green seed beads and then from each bead made a spike or a tassel.  I went through the rainbow from green so… yellow, orange, pink, purple, blue finishing on a turquoise.  It resulted in a pom pom type shape.  I used the last three colours to string the necklace.  I've been told it reminds people of a sea anemone...



My other favourite is my Wimbledon bracelet.  It uses the traditional purple and green colours.  I made the base by linking alternate purple and green jump rings.  I used three tennis raquet charms evenly spaced.  I then filled the jumps with a mixture of beads on head pins, some on short drops, some longer.  My next mission was to find tennis ball beads...



...which proved too tricky.  I tried various yellow beads bit they just didn't work.  In the end I made some out of fimo.  I even managed to get the little white line running through them.  I experimented with the fluffy texure of a tennis ball but the fimo just ended up looking dirty!  I placed the tennis balls near the raquets et voila!


I'm looking forward to the summer and watching Wimbledon whilst wearing my bracelet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...