Followers

Sunday, 18 March 2012

White With 1

White With 1's March challenge is White, Kraft and layering... 

Here is my effort.


Unlike most scrappers I don't have any 12 x 12 kraft, I just haven't gotten in to the trend.  But I had saved a brown paper bag (one of my 'I-could-use-that-one-day' keeps!) which is kraft, right? 

I used the bag as my starting point and layered a few different whites on top and then added the photo.

Here are some close ups...


I used my take on herringbone stitch to make a pocket for my tag to go in.  And one of my layers of white is a leaf from a swatch that I dismantled.  I love the holes where the binding went.




Used a coloured pencil as close to kraft in colour as possible to draw a simple border.



My kraft journalling tag...                                                                                    ...and the other side.

Oh how I wish my handwriting was better!



Kept the tatty corners of the bag and the wrinkled, used effect.



And a small title, cut from the back of a paper pad, attached with pinflair glue gel for dimension.

I'm quite pleased for my first play with kraft. 

And I love that mood when you are scrapping and finish a page and just want to start working on another layout straight away.  Loads of ideas.  Good times!


2 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea using the paper bag...perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper bag idea, thanks for playing along WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...