Followers

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

White With 1 Layout



Aprils White with 1 challenge is

WHITE + GREY + TABS/TAGS

and here is my effort...



I found it incredibly difficult to photograph...





...because it is like this today.  Bleurgh!


I went for pale silvery grey.





I splodged some iridescent medium on to my page and scrapped through it with a zigzag clay tool.




Obviously a bad photo but I wanted to portray how amazing it looks when the light catches it in a certain way.  It glows.




Layered up some whites and pale greys with acetate and vellum. 
Cut the backing that some die cut squares came in into a square grid. 
Added a distressed photo of my Dad feeding me chocolate. 





Add the spiral binding from a notepad that had run out of pages!





Made a tab.







Added a few dragonfly punch outs in white and acetate.
I wanted to add more but the punch gave in - maybe I won't use them on acetate any more!!
I tried the 'punch-tin-foil-to-sharpen-it' trick but alas the punch is now in the bin :(






Down the bottom I used simply sweet rub-ons from doodlebug on some little tags. 
I didn't have any e's left and none of my alphabet stamps worked with the font of the rub-ons
So I inked the 'Me' of a 'Merry' stamp and stamped direct on to the acetate.
Added a few white pencil lines but they are very subtle...


I like this because it is mainly using the little bits I had lying around,
I've made an entire layout with out really using any stash.
I'm off to nose at the other entries now...




10 comments:

  1. You did a great job! Only working with white, silver and acetate is not that easy. And ok...if the sun is shining outside, but that's not I see. We started with sun this morning, but now it's the same as yours. Hope you have a happy and sunny WOYWW and thanks visiting me. Bye, Franka #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely LO and Aaaaaaawwwhhhfor the tiny one!
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with this colour palette, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous Laura - I really love your grid and the spiral border and the texture - actually I love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love what you have done! Such a cute photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. incredible background for this adorable photo!!! beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful page Laura, love the background effect and the cute photo.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty! I love all of the silvery white tones here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! I love the use of the spiral on there & the background effect! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...