Followers

Thursday, 29 November 2012

Pretty Notebook Cover



At Crafty Ribbons Challenge this fortnight the theme is use at least two ribbons.  What a great theme for me... and I even managed to sneak some neon colour in!!

 I came up with this...


 
 
When I joined the DT I decided I needed a note book to keep all my ribbony ideas in and to record what projects needed to be in on what date - I'm the Queen of notebooks and lists.  :)
 
I had so much fun picking out which ribbons I would use.  In the end I decided to do the front in a rainbow of colours and the back in black and white.
 

 
 
I took the plastic covers off a notepad.  I had originally planned to cover them but the ribbon would not hold to the plastic no matter which glue I tried.  I then simply stuck lengths of ribbon to the inner cover.  I turned the page over and folded the ribbons over and stuck them down.  To make it a bit more durable I covered the ends with a wide piece of grosgrain.
 

 
 
To provide a bit more protection and to replace the plastic cover that I had discarded I laminated an empty pouch.  I cut around the plastic cover, rounded the corners and marked where the holes needed to be for the spine.  I used my eyelet punch to cut them out.  The slipped them back on to the spiral spine.
 

 
 
I can't possibly list all the ribbons I have used but they are all available here.  If you have any questions or can't find them on the site just leave me a comment and I'll help you out.
 
I'm so pleased with this.  I can see myself making more of these for gifts.  The only thing I would do differently is not use the lilac and neon ribbon.  It is a slightly different texture and the glue seeped through a little but I still love it!
 
I'd love to enter this in to Crafts and Me Challenges - ribbon or trim
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Fabby. Would make great RAK gifts;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I am not sure I understand the laminating bit and how you got it back on the spiral wire, or if you just slipped it over the ribbons.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cazzy,
      The laminated sheet was literally an empty pocket put through the machine. I only have very thin acetate but using a thick stiff acetate would give exactly the same results. I just trimmed it to size and popped it on the front and back so that it would take the sticky fingers and day to day bashings. The spiral was quite forgiving and I opened it very slightly to get the laminated sheet on. I then bent the spirals back so it wouldn't come off again. When I do another one I'll take some step by step photos and let you know...
      L x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...