Followers

Saturday, 23 February 2013

Smile!!



Today I want to share with you a canvas I recently finished.





First I just played around with some dark turquoise and navy acrylic paint.  I ended up using a brayer to give a textured finish.  As it is a stretched canvas brayering caught the wooden supports behind and left me with a frame like image.




Then I ran with stars and smiles as my theme...





I individually stuck on star sequins on the darker patches on my 'frame'.  They catch the light and twinkle - they make me smile!




Then I ummed and ahhed for ages over what words to use.  I wanted something to do with smiling, something uplifting, something happy - because that was how I was feeling - but it also needed to be quite short and not too wordy.  I settled on 'Share Your Smile'




I painted up some chipboard letters using them same turquoise and navy and dry brushed some white gesso over the top.




I love the effect of the stars and have plans to do another canvas covered in stars next!


 
Sharing with Inspire Me Mondays
Thanks for stopping by!







7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour and the sequins look great. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. great colour Laura, i love blue.

    Thanks for visiting and leaving me a comment, good luck in the giveaway draw

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use those sequins,lovely,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - found you on Inspire me Monday.
    Blessings,
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done♫ Thanks for commenting on my blog♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, I absolutely LOVE your canvas!
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Inspire Me Monday.
    Congratulations - you are one of my features this week at

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...