Followers

Friday, 8 February 2013

WW1 - Pink and Hearts



The challenge for February at White With 1 is White + Pink + Hearts.
Of course it is... very Valentine-y.  I don't have any lovey photos of people *insert sad face here* but I think this photo captures the love of ice cream rather well!




I've used my favourite technique for the title.  Writing with glue on to a non stick mat and covering with glitter.



 
 
The pennants are from a birthday card I was sent.  Of course, I didn't throw it out as I knew one day I'd make use of it... it only took 8 months to use!!  The card was cream so I ran a little magenta India ink over it to keep with the colour theme.  I used the spare ink left in the paint brush on the background.




I used the spine of an old notebook, stretched it out and formed a circle with it.  I attached it to the photo with heart brads from my stash.


 

And balanced the page with a small cluster at the bottom.  The ice cream button was vanilla flavoured so I added a swirl of magenta India ink to make it vanilla and strawberry - matching the photo.


 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!





4 comments:

  1. Laura, thank you for commenting on my blog, it's always appreciated :)
    I love your title - that's a technique Id like to try sometime. What a great way to reuse the binding from a notebook too! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, Fab card. I love Ben & Jerry's ice cream:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page...love all the little hearts, the title look fabulous and love the little ice cream embellie. Thanks for sharing your page with us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura I think love of ice cream is perfectly legitimate (possibly better than a relationship LOL). Love your layout and your minimalist style, thanks for joining in at White With 1! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...