Followers

Sunday, 2 June 2013

A Layout for Crafty Ribbons

 
 
It's my turn to post over at Crafty Ribbons Inspirations today... 
 


This photo is from my visit to The Living Rainforest.  I loved the area with butterflies.  I was in love, I took hundreds of photos and I whinged when we had to go ;)  I find butterflies amazing, they are delicate and detailed and oh so beautiful.

On to the scrapping -  I used a palette knife to scrap some gesso and acrylic across my page.  I added flicks and drips of paint.  I rubbed the paint off of some of the areas of the page that were foiled.




I distressed and inked all of my edges and alphas with walnut coloured ink.  The chocolate ribbon with dots needed a bit of help to blend in.  The dots were white and they stood out too much so I just painted over them with cream paint.  I aged the satin edged ribbon by spritzing with water and screwing it up tightly I to a ball.  When it had dried naturally (I left it overnight) I opened it up and it was all aged and crinkled - perfect!  I simply stapled it on to the layout in a less than precise manner to give a loose, squiggly line of ribbon.




I was really pleased with this layout :)

Thanks for stopping by...



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page, I love what you have done to the background,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I just love your style. So inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Very creative of you.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...