Followers

Friday, 14 June 2013

Knitting Needle Case



I've been playing some more with the gorgeous sewing ribbons from Crafty Ribbons...

This time I'd like to show you a knitting needle roll.


 
 
A while ago I was fortunate to come across a load of sample books from an upholsterer and curtain maker.  The samples were no longer the current fabrics and they were going to be chucked away.  I rescued them and the fabrics have been sitting in a box waiting for a new purpose.  I picked out a lilac piece to match the ribbons and doodled a pattern on some scrap paper.
 

 
 
It was just a few measurements and a few lines of machine stitching, adding a bit of ribbon et voila!
 

 
 
It's not perfect but it holds the needles.  Next time I will tweak the design a little to improve it but I guess that's what it is all about... trying, adjusting and perfecting!
 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Great case - the green and lilac are a wonderful combination. Wish I was a knitter just so I could have that keep calm.. ribbon! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the ribbons are lovely :)
      x

      Delete
  2. Laura, That's fab and you could use it for pens and other crafting tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this idea!
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...