Followers

Saturday, 20 July 2013

Starry Vest


Good Morning!

I want to share with you a vest that I altered...



using a water soluble pen, needle, thread and...


 
 
round buttons and star buttons.  You can find the buttons I used here, here, and here
 
 
 


I had just been watching Gardeners World and Monty Don had been 'broadcasting' some wild flower seeds.  I picked up the buttons I wanted to use and 'broadcast' them - read threw them in vauguely the right direction.  The idea was to get a truly random scattering of buttons.




Under each button I made a little mark with my water soluble fabric pen - an x, a 1, a 2, and a dot to identify which type of button was to go where.  Then I stitched them in to place.  It did take a while but I'm pleased with the result...


 
(Please excuse the body... it's the only one I have! And I apologise for the lack of head on said body... I'm unable to have a photo taken without pulling silly faces!!)
 
 
 
The good news is I've worn it a few times and none of the buttons have fallen off!!  ;D
 
Thanks for stopping by
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting the girls and I. Your altered vest turned out really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous idea. I just bought a few vests and they would look super.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great altering job...love what you have done ....wish i had the body to wear a vest.lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...