Followers

Tuesday, 22 July 2014

Snug As A Bug!


This is my take on challenge 2 for July's Counterfeit Kit Challenge.  We were to use more than three techniques.  I'm never entirely sure what counts as a technique.  Let me run you through what I've done and you can tell me how many are actual techniques and how many I've made up!!


Paint splattering.  I didn't have any matching ink so I let down a little bit of acrylic - it worked just as well.

Sticker outlines.  I cut out the over-run of the stickers and use them as extras.  Makes a sheet of stickers go twice as far :)  Is stash-stretching a technique?


Using 3d glue gel.  I love to use this on butterflies to keep them 3d even when you squash them in to wallets.


Colour changing a PL card.  This cute card with the banner had red dots to begin with.  It jarred with the photo so I painted over each red dot with the acrylic paint I used to splatter the background.

Matting.  Is this a technique?!


Of course I added ribbon too, in the pennant shape that kept popping up in the kit.


Did you count three amongst them?  I'm not convinced!!  :)

Thanks for stopping by


6 comments:

  1. Really lovely LO.

    Hope you are managing to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the paint splattering works really well. The stripy butterfly is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a fine job on the challenge :) The LO looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet - congrats on fulfilling the challenge with such a satisfying result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet layout and you did great on the challenge.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to five techniques before I lost count so I reckon more than fulfilled the challenge - ha ah! what a lovely layout. clever trick to use the paint on the polka dots to make it match.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...