Followers

Monday, 11 August 2014

Selfies with...


I had quite a few left over bits and bobs and snippets from my Counterfeit Kit from July.  Strips of paper, random shapes, tiny rectangles... I cut them up to around 3cm long strips and separated them in to two piles.

Then I cut my 12x12 in to four pieces.  I removed the smallest piece and re-spaced the remaining three to give my 12x12 with a couple of small gaps - those gaps were to be filled with snippets!


I pondered putting them in the same order top and bottom but in the end just went with a randomness of colours.  I raised the middle panel up on foam dots to give some dimension and a lovely shadow line.


I popped the photos on foam squares too, and finished off with a multi coloured title.


I've just spotted my eye is missing a tittle - I will have to add that on before I file the layout away!  There is always a chance that it is stuck to my elbow or calf... you crafters know what wandering stickers are like...

Linking up at the Playground

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Lovely LO. The colours bring it to life.

    Hope you've had a good start to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Laura what a fantastic use of all those tiddly snippets and so effective too.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great use of snippets Laura! Love the layout - such gorgeous photos!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely layout - what a great way to use up all those snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet - love the way the letters bounce along there in a line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous page layout, I love the colourful snippets and the die cut lettering.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and economical use of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun layout and good idea for cutting it apart like that

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a fab idea and love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did this take very long? (just curious)
    I am not a big saver of the little bits but this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, simple but striking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...