Followers

Sunday, 11 January 2015

Texture Bubbles


Some art to share with you all today...



The canvas is 24" x 36" ish.  (The photos are taken on different days in different light, I struggled to get photos I was happy with.)


Basically, I messed around creating texture and then added some paint.  I'm sure a different artist or an expert would go in to great detail and talk about technique and the thinking behind the painting.  I didn't really think about anything in particular, I just created with no goal or aim in my mind.



I had fun.  I used colours that took my fancy not worrying if they matched or not.


I tried to create as much texture as possible.


And I added neon pink - just because!


I think this is the way I need to paint.  To just paint instead of thinking.


What do you think?

It's hanging above my TV and I often find myself just staring at it!

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. Loving the mix of colours.

    Hope you have a nice day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree just to paint and not to engage brain - so therapeutic and beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. Very interesting with all the circles and texture. I like the hot pink bits. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Laura!!! I need to learn to switch off the brain, I know I can do it - but its rare!! You've managed it and look at the result! Fabulous! You've got mixed media artist all over this! Hope to see some more work from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...