Followers

Friday, 27 February 2015

E13


It is my turn to inspire readers over at Crafty Ribbons Inspiration blog today.  I'm sharing here in a little more detail...


I wanted to make a mini tag album for my cousin.  She has turned 13  (how did that happen so quickly?!?!) and I got all nostalgic for baby photos of her.  I gathered photos from the first 5 years of her life and put them in chronological order.  Then I picked out my base - tags - in a good selection of colours and sizes.  Then I pulled out other things I wanted to include.  Once I had all these things to hand there was no stopping me...


And this is what I made.  I always dress binding rings with ribbon.  This time I've used 3mm, sheer dots, flowers and hearts.
 

I'm not going to share every page individually but I will show my 'filler' tags.  These are the ones with no photo on. 


I like to add filler pages every third or fourth tag to keep the album pretty and light.


Another thing I like to do is have a common element running through the album on almost every page.  This time I have used holographic heart stickers in shades of blue, green and yellow.


This was part of a 12x12 cut apart sheet.  It was meant for pocket scrapping but works so well backed on to a tag as a positive affirmation page.


I like to keep my mini albums relatively simple.  My style is clean & simple in every other aspect of craft so why change for mini albums?


Another element I repeated a few times through out the album was faux stitching.  It is printed on this cut apart sheet and I carried it on with my trusty black fine liner.


My photo tags are, again, fairly simple.  Just one or two pieces of washi tape as a layer, or a strip of patterned paper.


I desperately wanted to add a wood veneer bird to one of the pages.  Rather than have just one lonely piece of wood I have added a few wood frames as well.  This becomes another repetitive element bringing the album together to work as a whole.


Of course I cannot make anything with out added ribbon!  This is some swiss dots threaded through a button


The final element I took and repeated throughout was paperclips.  When you have photos back to back on a tag and coloured shaped paper clip can be the perfect minimal embellishment.  It adds to the page but also doesn't block much of the photo - a definite bonus when working on this scale.  It adds dimension too.  I like a chunky album!!


And this is the final page.  The great thing about tag albums is you can go back and add more tags at a later date to expand your album.

Sharing at Inspire Me Mondays.

Thanks for stopping by today.


7 comments:

  1. Now this is fabby. I love the colours and the various embellishments. Really like the Be You verse.

    Hope you have a fab Friday. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift Laura. I bet it will be really treasured.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag book is lovely Laura - thanks for sharing it with us at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!
    Can't wait to see what you create this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little mini! I love the assortment of tags you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...