Skip to main content

love you lots


Today I am going to walk through how I made this layout...


First off I gather my supplies.  I find it much easier to make if everything is in arms reach.  The M.E. prevents me from getting up every two minutes to pick an extra piece of paper or a different embellishment, so I have found a little thought before hand means I can create much more freely and happily.


I knew I wanted to use this cut file from my Silhouette Cameo.  (This is the second ever cut!  All very exciting!)  Unfortunately I don't know where the cut file is from - I scanned the web for freebies and saved them without noting what was from where, duh!


I gathered these pretties to match and compliment the paper.  I always gather a little it more than I will actually use - a little safety net I suppose.


And then I gathered some white for matting and layering the photo on.  I went with whites to stop the photo blending in with the background paper as they are similar colour palettes.  These are all offcuts from other projects that I squared off and popped in colour folders.  I like doing this as when I want some white mats they are ready to be chosen and used straight away.  I have a folder for each colour of the rainbow, and extras for white, black, brown and grey/silver/gold.


Here are some of the details.  I went for three clusters around the photo and then one at the top of the page.  It is just a matter of picking things up and trying them in different places.  A sprinkling of butterflies or/and enamel dots always helps!

I hope you liked seeing a bit more of my process.  Thanks for stopping by!

Sharing at The Playground, Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge and Inspire Me Mondays.

Comments

  1. This layout is so adorable Laura! Love the die cut, embellie clusters and the sweet photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling layout Laura! Such a lovely photo and the goodies you used complement it perfectly!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking the time to match up all your papers and embellishments certainly pays off. The D.P.goes so very well with the tee shirt colour. I like your concept of having a cluster of three around the photo and then having your eye drawn back to the top of the page with the last one. I do belive this is your first time playing so welcome and thankyou for fluttering by #26. hugs Mrs A..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the LO. Glad you find getting bits together helps get the LO done.

    Hope you have had a good day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very pretty page, Laura. Thank you for your nice comment and for your kind thoughts. I am exhausted by all this emotion and just want my life back!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty design and fab finished effect. Andree (Guest Designer Butterfly Challenge #26)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 159

Hello, Happy Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday !  As promised a picture of last Wednesdays 'work' finished off.  Post and more photos here . This week I'm showing off the beaded ATC I made... Tricky to photograph so your getting one with flash and one without... It was all parcelled up and sent off to Queen of Desks Julia .  Here is a basic of how it was made... (lots of waffle about wefts and warps!) I use a flexible beading needle.  It is mainly 'eye' so it is very easy to thread. And delica beads which are more regular and accurate than the better known seed bead.  They are slightly more rectangular than round so they line up better. Thread your needle with the weft thread.  (The cross ways thread that weaves back and forth.)  Pick up the beads... Pass the needlefull of beads underneath the warp (tight length ways) threads on the loom... ...and push each bead up in the corresponding g

Hoppity!

Hoppity hoppity!!  :) Hopeful you have arrived here from Fleur 's blog as part of the Crafty Ribbons Easter Hop .  If not and you've found yourself here wondering what on earth I'm on about (and let’s face it J you wouldn’t be the first!!) check out the Inspirations site for all the juicy details! My project for the hop is         Easter bunting!  I cut three templates first - a triangle pennant, a bird and a heart.        Then I cut the pennant shapes from fibre ribbon, threaded them on to some 3mm satin and evenly spaced them.  I embellished each flag with some beads...       I backed the birds and heart on some thin white card and glued them to the centre of the pennants.   My supplies list: yellow fibre , pink fibre , lime fibre , 3mm satin , button box , white card, glue, beads, needle and thread.   At each stop on the hop there'll be a word to collect and a candy draw. I've got these

WOYWW & Card Deck Swap

First up is my desk ... Hmm.  Perhaps the less said the better!  I really should have a sort out but I fancy desking instead! Next I want to share my card deck swaps (deskers don't have to stay for this bit but I reckon you'd enjoy joining in with us, which is why I'm including it in this post) You can read about the swap here on Jessica's blog and sign up here .  Basically, we take a deck of cards, add paint and/or paper, then add a positive sentiment to each card.  Post them to Jessica who shuffles them and sends back 52 different cards from different artists (yes, you are an artist!) from all over the world. These few are ones I have picked out to display first.  I'll swap them round after a few weeks.  Do you like my domino pegs?  :) Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll at least consider joining us for the card swap - it's like a super sized ATC swap, and all WOYWW er's know they are fun! See you at your desk x