Followers

Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Poppy Lou

If you are here for the Crafty Ribbons Blog Hop please see the post below x


Here is a mixed media layout I made last month...


I used modelling paste, gel medium and mica powder through a Finnabair stencil for the background.  I mixed the gel and the paste together to give a slightly more translucent finish to the paste then roughly mixed in some mica.  I didn't want my butterflies to be evenly yellow, rather that they would be several different shades.  And of course the mica plays with the light so they twinkle and sparkle beautifully.


I pulled out papers from my scrap folders and layered them up with tissue and vellum.  Once I had my stack of papers and my yellow background it felt like it was missing something punchy.  I grabbed my black fineliner and doodled on the papers and the background - and through the stencil too, outlining some butterflies and adding more, overlapping some of the yellow butterflies.


I went for a solid and bold foam alpha for the title and added splashes of black ink and a handful of black enamel dots.

I kind of love this layout.  It pushes my style, and probably borrows a lot of other peoples styles too!

Thanks for stopping by

2 comments:

  1. Laura, Your LO is lovely. You are very creative and give me loads of ideas.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your background....great job! I have pinned this idea for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...