Followers

Sunday, 12 April 2015

Poppy Red


Back in 2006 I saw a painting I liked.  It wasn't for sale so I decided to replicate it.  The first attempt was too pink for me so I have tried again...



I cheated a used the outline from the first painting and flipped it, for my starting point.  I used watercolour pencils to map it all out and then filled in with India ink.  Details were added using a combination of the two mediums.  The canvas is about 60cm x 75cm.


Linking up to A Sprinkle Of Imagination where I bought my India inks and Inktense pencils.

4 comments:

  1. I really love your poppy. They are some of my fav flowers :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Laura!! This is absolutely stunning! Love, love, love it! I do also think the pink one is beautiful as well :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's 99% perfect. To be 100% perfect it would have to be purple:) LOL

    Do you take orders?

    Hope you are enjoying your day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and do a small one in purple - the purple inks are gorgeous shades x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...