Followers

Monday, 18 May 2015

love you Layout for SpiegelMom Scraps


Hello Everyone, here is a Guest Designer project made for SpiegelMom Scraps.  It is a scrapbook layout using doilies, seam binding and sequins from two mixes.


I know the trend right now is for gelatos - I have water soluble wax crayons - I guess kind of the same sort of thing, and whilst I have something similar I won't fork out for real gelatos.  I set to work on the white seam binding and doilies adding subtle touches of pastel colours, picked to match my patterned paper strips.


Seam binding is great for taking colour.  I have never had a medium not take - I've used mists, inks, watercolour, pro markers, watered down acrylic paint, inktense pencils, and now soluble crayons.  Have a play... go on!


As for the doileys the more water I added the more fragile they became so I recommend not moving them until they are dry to avoid tearing.


Supplies:
Doileys
Sequins
Seam Binding
Art Bars from Derwent
lace from Crafty Ribbons
patterned paper from My Minds Eye and Cocoa Vanilla


Linking up at Creative Mondays, and Inspire Me Monday.


3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty LO. I love the collars and embellishments.

    Hope you've had a good start to the week. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea, looks great :)

    Thanks for stopping by Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your layout - beautifully embellished, yet has a "less is more" simplicity feel that spotlights the lovely photo!

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy - you are one of our featured guests at this week's party - #177! :-)

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...