Followers

Tuesday, 30 June 2015

VAN!


"Van!"  It's the in word here.  It sometimes comes out as "Man!" too.  It is always said with excitement.


I cut in to the triangle paper in my Like For Ever kit.  I didn't think I had a favourite from the patterned paper sheets but it turns out the triangles is my favourite.  I might need more sheets!


I attempted to mix up some paints in the same colours.  My duck egg was OK, my green was a little off.  Anyway, packaging technique, splatters, inks, acrylics... all good messy fun.

When it came to start putting it all together I layered the triangles on some vellum.  It just subdues the mixed media enough to let the triangles show off a bit.


I made a batch off mixed media backgrounds in one go.  I doesn't take any time to set up and clear away a mixed media station on the floor, it's much quicker than trying to clear space on my desk.  I just put a wipe clean table cloth n the floor and wipe with baby wipes when I'm finished.  Plus I can't fall over if I'm sitting on the floor.  Always a big plus for me!

Layouts with June kit: 2

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Laura, I love the way you add all the elements and they co-ordinate. Fab LO.

    Hope you have a nice day and take care in the heat. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Laura this layout is amazing! I just love your design and the background is stunning! The vellum effect looks really great too. I have had mixed results with playing with different backgrounds - mostly disastrous! I need some inspiration right now so I've pinned your page to help me. TFS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Laura!!! I LOVE that watercolor background combined with those triangles!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...