Followers

Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Happiest Creating


Hopefully you are back today having seen yesterdays step-by-step to making this background.  This is the finished layout...


 I pulled out the dry background and headed over to Like For Ever's Scrappy Challenge.  The starting point this fortnight is use materials beginning with your initials.  Excellent - Lace and Ribbon... but what about J?  Well I went for Juniper - the shade of Derwent Graphitint pencil I coloured my feathers and added to the background.  (You know me, using ribbon and lace was not a challenge at all!  I may come back to this challenge and push myself if time allows in the next couple of weeks!)


I pulled out some white papers, some organza swiss dots, a couple of grosgrain 3mm, some white lace, and a shade of purple lace that was as close a match to my juniper coloured pencil as possible.  All the lace and ribbon is, of course, from Crafty Ribbons.  I used a few simple paper layers and then tucked little pieces of lace and organza ribbon in between them.

Because my background has a layer of gesso the alphas were reluctant to stay stuck.  So I spun my chair around to face my sewing machine and ran a line of stitching through them.  Because I was having fun, and didn't want it to end, I added a few little runs of stitching through some of the heart stickers too.

Then I finished off with a bit of second generation stamping.  The ink at full strength was too much, so I stamped the freshly inked stamp on to a scrap first.  Then the second and third imprints of the stamp went directly on to the layout.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. You must be so pleased how this page turned out! Such a pretty, soft and girly effect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Fab LO. You know I have never thought of making my own background.

    Hope you've had a good day. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...