Followers

Thursday, 25 February 2016

Green Heart


So after wearing my green heart (read about that here and here) I knew I wanted to add it to a layout.


And I was obviously feeling really green!  I do love the colour green and find it fun to use but, as you know, I like a good dose of white with any colour I use.  This one has a maximum of half a dose of white!!  


I used Spun Sugar Shimmerz Dazzlerz texture paste through a stencil in the backgound and scribbling with a white Posca paint pen.  I used vellum - a sort-of shade of white - along with glassine bag (another white) and doily (yet another shade of white) layers.  I used white, silver and green 3mm ribbon.  And the silver bugle beads are practically white too... (they aren't.  They are definitely silver.)


I decided to be brave and journal straight to the vellum.  Mistake.  The paint pen did a little wee and I was left with a puddle instead of an 'a' - I blotted and made the best of it, but, sigh!


Looking at my style/trend I would say I am currently enjoying doilies, glassine and vellum, and lots of dimensional layers.  Obviously I still love ribbon and try to work it in to most projects.  Also I notice layouts without or with very little patterned paper flow so much more easily out of me than layouts that are patterned paper heavy.  Always interesting to notice how I am changing.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, Fab LO. Good save on the vellum.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...