Followers

Tuesday, 22 March 2016

Four Seasons


Oh, I enjoyed making this one...


I know it's not an original concept - the four seasons artwork has been done many times before but I still enjoyed interpreting it my way.  I started out with a four pack of mini canvasses, each painted a different shade of blue.


I then painted on a very unrealistically shaped tree!  I needed an even spread of branches to attach my button leaves to, so following the shape of a real tree didn't quite work!  I sorted through my button stash and pulled out blossom pinks and spring greens; rich leafy greens; and autumnal oranges, yellows, reds and browns.  I attached my buttons with matte gel medium, but any strong glue would be okay.


My favourite touch?  The autumn leaves that have dropped from the tree!

You can find a huge selection of buttons here!

Thank you for stopping by


1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, Loving this. What a fab idea to use buttons.

    Hope you have a lovely Good Friday. Sue

    NB...Might just be me, but I didn't get notification you had updated your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...