Followers

Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Anyone for an Ice Cream cone?


A few years back Ali from Crafty Ribbons made some adorable ribbon cupcakes.  They planted a seed in my mind... what about a ribbon ice cream cone?  A few years have past, but the idea hung on and has now come to fruition...


The cone is made by pinning Swiss dot ribbon in 'tan and white' to a polystyrene cone.


It always takes me a long time to decide what flavour to pick when I buy a cone, and true to form it took a long while to decide which ribbons to use!  I settled on Raspberry ripple and used a collection of pink ribbon in both grosgrain and organza Swiss dots.


These were also pinned to polystyrene - I cut a ball in half to give me a scoop type shape.  As I pinned I twisted to give the look of ice cream from a Mr Whippy machine.

I hope you like this creation...  I'm quite hungry now... off for an ice cream I think!

Linking at Avenue 613Not Just Cards, Inspire Me Mondays,

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, That looks good enough to eat:)

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh! How fun is that!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun and beuatiful project! Looks like a lot of work :)
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's fabulous, I'm a big fan of mint choc chip but I could go for Raspberry ripple!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...