Followers

Saturday, 7 May 2016

PREEN


Happy NSD!  (Expect a fair few posts starting with these words over this weekend!!)  I am here to share with you my regular Saturday post for SpiegelMom Scraps.


I've been experimenting with the white felt feathers.  I wanted to know if they would take colour - they do!  I sprayed the feathers with water and sprinkled on some brusho powders.  I needed a lot of water to get the colour moving but I love the results.  Now I know I can alter any of the white felt shapes to any colour to match whichever project I am working on.


I dyed these ones to match my budgie's feathers - yellows, greens and a little blue in the long tail feather.  The different sized yellow sequins in the Spring Blooms and Sunny Smiles mixes match in perfectly.  Other than that I kept it fairly simple layering each feather over a piece of cotton ribbon tape and stitching with my sewing machine to attach to the layout.


I added my alphas directly to my photo and popped up the top of each letter with a little silicone glue.  I love the extra dimension this gives the page.


This also fits the criteria for my challenge to you over the weekend - scrap a layout with ribbon.  If you do you can join us at SpiegelMom Scraps facebook page to link up!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, what a lovely LO of your Billy.

    Hope you have a nice evening. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...