Followers

Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Twinkle Twinkle Lots Of Noise


I'm usually struggle with original titles... not this time!  I've used my Lottie Loves Paper kit - I had to have it as it contains Cocoa Vanilla!!


I share a partial process video too.  Partial because the light got too dim so I stopped.  And then went back.  Four times!  Adding or taking away or tweaking a little...  But it is worth a watch!  You get angry hands as I can't find a place for the yellow piece of ephemera that I love, you see me mess up my stencilling, you see me make a flickable paint from an Inktense pencil and you see me thickening up my texture paste with talc.



I don't have loads of different colours of texture paste.  I have a Spun Sugar Dazzlerz which is beautiful and very easy to colour.  You can add any kind of liquid colour (paint, ink, watercolour pencils etc.) to make a custom colour.  The only trouble is the Dazzlerz is the perfect thickness for using with stencils and when you add a bit of liquid to it it becomes a little too runny.  If it is too runny it seeps underneath the stencil and you don't get quite as precise an image.  I've found that adding a pinch of talc to the mix stiffens it up making it the perfect consistency again.


The alphas are Simple Stories, also from the LLP kit.  I ended up adding foam adhesive behind the word NOISE to emphasise it a bit more... there was a lot of noise!!


Hope you enjoyed!  Thanks for dropping by...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, Another fab LO.

    Hope you've had a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute title and page!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...