Followers

Saturday, 11 June 2016

My Universe


Oh boy!  I had fun with the metallic shiny paints and mists on this one!!


I'm trying to do some layouts that are not on a white background.  (Quite why I decided to go for a black sheet instead of a patterned sheet I can't tell you...)  Any way, black sheet on my desk - lots of staring - umming and aahing...  When I get to this stage there are two things I can do.  1 - give up and do something else.  2 - find a layout that inspires me and CASE it!  I turned to my Sparklers team mate Yulia, and this is what happened.


I used a combination of paints, Heidi shines, spray mists and Shimmerz paints to achieve my background.  Whilst I had the mists out I dyed a doily too.


I coloured some wood veneer stars in a bright blue.  When matting my photo I wanted some more of this blue.  Not having anything in my stash that matched I painted some card with the mist so it matched perfectly.


I started adding a few sequins from the Glass Slipper mix, then some stars from Sunny Smiles...  then some stars from Fairytale 2... and then a few blue ones from Magical Ocean.  I found it hard to stop!!


But I was having fun, and that is what it is all about!


Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I love this LO. I have never done a LO with a black background, but it really makes it come alive.

    Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...