Followers

Thursday, 11 August 2016

Bicycles for Crafty Ribbons


This week at Crafty Ribbons Challenges the theme is BICYCLES!  I love bikes.  It's one of the things I miss the most, before I had M.E I loved to cycle.  When my Mum taught my cousin to ride a bike I watched from my window taking photos...  I've scrapped several before but I love them so have scrapped another.


I've used a cut file from like for ever, along with the July kit - care free.  I added in a little yellow and white stripe paper from Suse Fish's kit too.


I made a flag for one of the bikes - because who doesn't want a flag on the back of their bike?!


I like to tuck in the little off cuts of ribbon to add texture a little pop of colour, but also to repeat the element of ribbon on the page.


For my ribbons - 3mm.  Some grosgrain in pink and organza in pastel green and lemon.


Hand stitching on layouts is huge at the moment, I just don't have the patience though!  Even the faux stitching with a black pen wore me down!


I have a process video so you can watch how it all came together.  It's a little long than I aim for usually, I seem to take my time and faff around a lot!!

I hope you pop over and check out my team mates makes, and join us during the week with your own bicycle/ribbon creation.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, Another fab LO.

    Hope you've had a good day. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...