Followers

Saturday, 8 April 2017

Cutting Up a Cut File!

I usually cut a few bits on my Silhouette Cameo when I have it out.  This means some cuts don't get used right away, and sometimes the edges end up damaged.  Rather than throw this large background piece away I decided to cut it apart, discard the damaged bits and keep the good bits!  The file is from The Cut Shoppe.


I backed a few of the petal sections with the gorgeous blue roses paper from Maggie Holmes' Chasing Dreams.  I adore this pattern and colour and I'm using it really sparingly!


Incidentally, it is a perfect match for Pandora's Ombre sequin mix from SpiegelMom Scraps.


I filled a glassine bag with some Pandora's Ombre and got a little sad that I had used nearly all of my supply.  I emptied about half out and threw in some tiny cheap white sequins that have been in my stash for nearly a decade!  I don't use them as they are not perfect but behind glassine you can't tell.


I then used the left over Pandora's Ombre sequins to embellish the page.


Before adhering my cut file down I used watercolour and the packaging technique to add some blue to my background.  I also added foam adhesive to the back of the cut files for added dimension and cast shadows.

Thanks for looking!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura, Great idea to keep the bits and use them up. Love the LO.

    Hope you are having a nice weekend. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...