Monday, 6 January 2020

Scrapbooking | Snug


I have gone way overboard on photos for this layout but it seems kind of fitting.  I have gone way overboard (for me, for my usual) on the layout too!


This is version 3.0!  It evolved a lot as I was working.  I was so into the process I don't think it has ever taken me so long to create a layout!  Where to start?  The cut files.  There are two cut files stacked together.  I drew them up in procreate and cut them out of kraft with my Silhouette Cameo.


The pine branches (underneath) were sprayed with a few green and brown inks.  The holly and ivy branches were backed with patterned papers.  People say it is hard to match greens.  I wholeheartedly ignore this and put as many greens together as possible whenever possible.  I think I have 8 shades on this layout and that makes me happy!


Let's talk dimension.  There is a LOT!  The pine branches have naturally curled with the moisture of the ink sprays.  The holly and ivy branches are popped up on foam.  I have added copper foiled acetate branches (Pretty Little Studio) which are only secured at their very base.  Even the sequins (from Pretty My Page a few years back) I tucked amongst the foliage are curved.  All in all the enamel dots look quite flat in comparison!


The background is made up of white offcuts sewn together to make a 12x12.  That was the original plan - a whole 12x12.  I added various sprays and splatters in greens, coppers, browns and a red.  I'm always careful with red as it can look a bit like a murder scene if you start splattering it around.  This particular ink is called rose gold red from Shimmerz and is quite wine-y rather than bloody.


The copper alphas are from Pink Fresh Studio.  I love them but they are a pain in the butt as they need extra adhesive to stick.  That's not unusual for alphas, it's just that these ones are so skinny and sleek that it is a job and a half to get the glue on them.


The photo is me in a scarf that my friend made me.  It gives the snuggliest cuddle a scarf can give!  I like to add a few layers behind my photo using the same papers used to back the cut file.


The first detour happened when I decided I needed a border.  I trimmed a few millimetres from each edge of the 12x12 and backed it on to a kraft 12x12.  I then felt t needed more red so added sewing around the edge of the kraft...


I didn't like it so I cut a circle from the middle of the original white 12x12.  I added a line of sewing around the edge.  I played around with layers and backing colours and finally settles on a green 12x12 with vellum and red circular layers and a tonne of spatters!  Not content with the dimension from the foliage I also added a layer of foam behind the white circle.


I love how it turned out.  Thanks for stopping by!

linking up at Inspire Me Monday

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your beautiful SB layout at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy - congrats on being one of our featured guests this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I love to read your messages...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...