Skip to main content

Shape Series | Circle Makes

Here's a little update on my circle creations over the last few weeks.  You can read about the concept here.

So, the layout I was fired up to create at the beginning of the month, the one based on the sketch I shared, is still unmade.  No matter though, as this was a no pressure, no deadline, playtime kind of project.  I have created a few other things...

 

This layout uses a folded cut file, which is something I want to explore further throughout the year.  I cut half a shape essentially, just one line, then score between the beginning and end of that line and fold it back.  When you cut a file like this on double-sided patterned paper you end up with both sides showing.  This is both good - because it looks great; and restrictive - because you have to have the right kind of pattern on both sides. (For example a cut-apart sheet on one side would not give the effect I am after.)  Perhaps it was trickier for me as my double-sided paper stash is limited as I tend to use solid cardstock and 6x6 pads now, and a lot of my patterned paper remaining from 12x12 kits are no longer whole sheets.  

This is an old Elle's Studio paper, old alpha stickers from Pinkfresh, Jillibean and Cocoa Vanilla, and a gull from Heffy Doodle's You Go Gull stamp set.


This layout utilises one stamp from an Alex Syberia Designs set.  I stamped it multiple times in loads of ink colours and lined them up for a grid like design.  I think it has a lot of impact.  When die cutting this number of pieces I like to plan ahead.  For a month or so everytime I die cut anything I'd put the circle die and a scrap of white card through at the same time.  I didn't see the sense of doing 60-ish passes through the machine with just this one small die.  Similarly with the stamping I didn't see the point in getting out 30-ish inks and only inking up a couple of tiny circles.  I made a jig that held 5 tiny die cuts close together and inked up all the stamps at once.  I have a plentiful stash of coloured hearts ready to use in the future.

A couple of cards also featured circles in their designs.  Maybe not as circle-centric as I had thought but maybe I don’t need to go all in for every creation.  Incorporating my featured shapes subtly is still valid.  The panda and birthday dies are from Simon Says Stamp.


The layering stencils are from Pretty Pink Posh and the circle frame die is from Heffy Doodle.

 

I'll be back with more at some point.  I really do want to create based on the sketches I shared in the first post but I'll see where things take me.  I may end up stamping one thing 60 times again!!  If you are interested in more photos and close ups you can pop over to my instagram account.  If you have any questions just leave me a comment here or drop me a message on instagram or via email.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WOYWW 159

Hello, Happy Whats On Your Workdesk Wednesday !  As promised a picture of last Wednesdays 'work' finished off.  Post and more photos here . This week I'm showing off the beaded ATC I made... Tricky to photograph so your getting one with flash and one without... It was all parcelled up and sent off to Queen of Desks Julia .  Here is a basic of how it was made... (lots of waffle about wefts and warps!) I use a flexible beading needle.  It is mainly 'eye' so it is very easy to thread. And delica beads which are more regular and accurate than the better known seed bead.  They are slightly more rectangular than round so they line up better. Thread your needle with the weft thread.  (The cross ways thread that weaves back and forth.)  Pick up the beads... Pass the needlefull of beads underneath the warp (tight length ways) threads on the loom... ...and push each bead up in the corresponding g

Hoppity!

Hoppity hoppity!!  :) Hopeful you have arrived here from Fleur 's blog as part of the Crafty Ribbons Easter Hop .  If not and you've found yourself here wondering what on earth I'm on about (and let’s face it J you wouldn’t be the first!!) check out the Inspirations site for all the juicy details! My project for the hop is         Easter bunting!  I cut three templates first - a triangle pennant, a bird and a heart.        Then I cut the pennant shapes from fibre ribbon, threaded them on to some 3mm satin and evenly spaced them.  I embellished each flag with some beads...       I backed the birds and heart on some thin white card and glued them to the centre of the pennants.   My supplies list: yellow fibre , pink fibre , lime fibre , 3mm satin , button box , white card, glue, beads, needle and thread.   At each stop on the hop there'll be a word to collect and a candy draw. I've got these

WOYWW & Card Deck Swap

First up is my desk ... Hmm.  Perhaps the less said the better!  I really should have a sort out but I fancy desking instead! Next I want to share my card deck swaps (deskers don't have to stay for this bit but I reckon you'd enjoy joining in with us, which is why I'm including it in this post) You can read about the swap here on Jessica's blog and sign up here .  Basically, we take a deck of cards, add paint and/or paper, then add a positive sentiment to each card.  Post them to Jessica who shuffles them and sends back 52 different cards from different artists (yes, you are an artist!) from all over the world. These few are ones I have picked out to display first.  I'll swap them round after a few weeks.  Do you like my domino pegs?  :) Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll at least consider joining us for the card swap - it's like a super sized ATC swap, and all WOYWW er's know they are fun! See you at your desk x